Due to the unfortunate problems caused by increased C-section rates and poor infant health Dr. Abby feels that it is extremely important to have your child checked for subluxation as soon as possible after birth. Subluxation is a misalignment or lack of motion within the spine that results in stress and ill health in the body. The birth process is a very common cause of subluxation, especially a birth process that resulted in many interventions. Chiropractors are the only ones trained to detect and remove these subluxations, and doing so will help to ensure that ill health does not follow for your newborn.
Our chiropractic kids love their chiropractors as much as we love them!
As children continue to grow their spines undergo many forms of trauma as they learn to walk and crawl, play, and become involved in sports. It has been said that a child undergoes enough falls in one day to put an adult in the hospital. Many of these things may again result in subluxations which can be easily detected and removed by a doctor of chiropractic.
Children are some of the biggest beneficiaries of chiropractic care. Surprised? Those who think of chiropractic as primarily a solution for neck and back problems are surprised to learn that chiropractic can be helpful for many types of childhood health problems.
Nervous System Disturbances
The nervous system, consisting of the brain, spinal cord and all the nerves of the body, controls and regulates the entire body. Many childhood health problems are merely the result of nervous system interference, usually along the spine.
Our gentle adjusting techniques help reduce these disturbances so your child’s body can resume working as it was designed. Better health is the natural result when the brain and body have clear communication pathways. Gentle chiropractic adjustments release what is stored so they are continually connected to their innate ability to GROW and THRIVE.
Chiropractic and Children
Upon examination, we often find nerve disturbances associated with many types of common childhood health complaints.
While the effects of these nervous system compromises go by a variety of names, chiropractic is not a treatment for them! Our primary aim is to locate and reduce the underlying nervous system dysfunction.
- Traumatic Birth – Have your newborn checked shortly after birth to detect the effects of in-utero constraint, C-section, vacuum extraction or other aspects of a stressful birth.
- Colic – Birth trauma, even from so-called “natural” birthing experiences can often produce a child’s first nerve compromise. Lacking the ability to communicate, your baby cries. And cries.
- Ear infections – Biomechanical restrictions in the upper spine can compromise the nervous system and immune system, making your child’s ears a breeding ground for viral infection.
- Bedwetting – Nervous system compromise in the lower back can block nerve messages responsible for bladder control. Many children regain their confidence and self-esteem with chiropractic care.
- ADHD – Many parents investigate conservative chiropractic care before exposing their children to psychotropic drugs. Reducing tension to the nervous system has produced excellent results for many.
- Asthma – By reducing neurological compromise to the bronchial tubes, lungs and diaphragm with chiropractic care, attacks can often be reduced or eliminated.
- Wellness – An obvious symptom isn’t required! Enjoy the peace of mind of having your infant or child checked to uncover structural or neurological problems before they become serious. Many of the hard-to-correct problems we see in adults are long-standing problems that began, and remained undetected in childhood.